Ricoffy & Cremora Malva Pudding Muffins
These muffins from Foodies from South Africa take regular malva pudding to the next level! It is super easy who wouldn’t love three South African icons all together in one delicious pudding!
Full recipe Serves 12
Hands-on time: 20 minutes | Hands-off time: 10-12 minutes
½ tbsp margarine or butter
1½ tbsp apricot jam
⅓ cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp NESCAFÉ Ricoffy
1 large egg
½ tsp white vinegar
3 tbsp NESTLÉ Cremora Original
1¼ cups cake flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Maizena cornflour
1 tbsp Moirs custard powder
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tin
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the margarine, apricot jam, ¼ cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ Ricoffy with an electric beater for 3-4 minutes until combined.
- Add the egg, vinegar and ¾ cup of water to the bowl and whisk for 1 minute until well combined.
- Sieve in 2 tablespoons of NESTLÉ Cremora Original, cake flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients through until just combined.
*Chef’s Tip: Cremora adds extra creaminess to the malva pudding!
Divide the batter between the muffin tin holes and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
*Chef’s Tip: Prepare the coffee sauce and custard while the puddings bake!
For the Ricoffy sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of boiling water, the cornflour, the remaining tablespoon of Ricoffy granules and a tablespoon of sugar and microwave for 1-2 minutes, whisking every 20 seconds until the sauce has thickened. Set aside for later.
For the custard:
- In another bowl, whisk the custard powder, 1 cup of boiling water and 1 tablespoon of Cremora until dissolved. Microwave the mixture for 30-45 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds, until the custard has thickened. Set aside for later.
- Immediately as the puddings come out of the oven, poke a few holes, with a toothpick, into each pudding.
- Divide the Ricoffy sauce over the puddings in the muffin tin and allow the
- puddings to soak up the sauce for about 5 minutes.
Serve the mini malva puddings with the creamy custard and ENJOY!