Easy Mayonnaise Rolls
These easy Mayonnaise Rolls are a lightning fast no yeast dinner roll recipe. Made with just 3 ingredients, and ready in just 20 minutes, they are the perfect last-minute addition to your favourite soup or stew. These quick dinner rolls feature the addition of mayo, and use a muffin tin so you don’t even have to shape the rolls. It just doesn’t get any easier than this!
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup any milk
1/4 cup any mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Add the self-rising flour to a medium sized bowl. Whisk in the sugar (if using).
- Add in the milk and the mayonnaise. Mix together with a light hand until well combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop, or a heaping tablespoon to spoon the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling to 2/3 full with the sticky batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter, if desired.
- Allow the rolls to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the rolls (still inside the liners) to a cooling rack.
- Once the rolls are cool enough to touch, remove the paper liners from each of the mayonnaise rolls.
- Serve warm with butter, or for using to dunk into your favourite soup or stew.
Self-rising flour substitute: Combine 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Whisk together or sift together to combine. Use in place of the self rising flour in any of your favourite recipes that call for it.
Muffin Liners: Be sure to line your muffin pan with paper liners for an easy cleanup. These dinner rolls are VERY sticky, and so they can be difficult to get out of even a well greased muffin pan. For your own sanity, and for the sake of whomever is on dish duty, please use paper liners!